New Zealand to introduce simpler process for student visas
The E-visa student visa scheme will allow paperless, fully electronic, online applications as well as online payments, simplifying a task which has been the bane of students’ lives for a while. The scheme is also expected to be widened to include tourist visas, in the hope that it will attract more international holidaymakers to the islands.
At the present time, some 67,000 international students are studying in New Zealand, providing a steady revenue stream for the country and its higher education facilities. The new visa model is expected to increase the number of applications still further.
Meanwhile, the battle to win the country’s upcoming general election is hotting up, especially as regards migration controls, foreign property purchase and the Kiwi monetary policy. New Zealand First’s leader, Winston Peters, spoke recently about his party’s intention to disallow foreign incomers from purchasing New Zealand property.
Peters is including foreign property investors as well as migrants in his manifesto, possibly with the intention of not going down the road of attracting Chinese millionaires by guaranteeing permanent residency as part of an upscale property deal. He’s also betting on a reduction of migration numbers as a way to curb housing shortages in Auckland.
- Half of Mayo students think they will emigrate - March 26, 2015
- 90% of medical students plan to leave Ireland - March 16, 2015
- Nez Zealand annual migration rises to record high - February 26, 2015
- New Zealand and Canada chasing Irish workers - February 8, 2015
- Mancunians among Brits most likely to emigrate to New Zealand - January 22, 2015
- New Zealand: Annual migration at record high - December 19, 2014
- New Zealand First misses boat as Keys wins third straight term - September 24, 2014
- New Zealand jobs fairs in Australia plan to claw back skilled Kiwis - September 15, 2014
- Malaysia joins fight for wealthy investors by offering five year visas - September 12, 2014
- New Zealand government offers new immigration advisor guide - August 21, 2014
- UAE-Indian eMigrate inititative will end exploitation - September 8, 2015
- Egypt seizes vessels with more than 200 migrants - September 7, 2015
- Indian employers angered by eMigrate system - August 18, 2015
- Church leader: African leaders must address problems that spark emigration - August 14, 2015
- 60 migrants missing off Libya coastline - August 13, 2015
- More illegal immigrants found in lorry in UK - August 11, 2015
- Nine illegal migrants seen exiting truck at Essex shopping centre - August 7, 2015
- PNG government promises Manus alcohol crackdown - August 6, 2015
- British landlords told to evict illegal immigrants - August 5, 2015
- Polish family emigrate to Plymouth after seeing images on Google Street View - July 28, 2015