Singapore is most liveable city in Asia
Though the survey focused on Asians relocating within the region—including a Japanese banker relocating to Hong Kong—the study has implications for UK expats in Asia as well. Asians are expected to be more well-informed about the region, so if they move to a country, they are likely to get a more local perspective on the top places within Asia, say experts.
As more expatriates build new lives in the city-state, over 20% of the population of Singapore are now non-Singaporeans. A great number of these expatriates come from neighbouring Malaysia, China and India, highlighting the nation’s attractiveness to fellow Asians.
Satish Bakhda, who is general manager at Rikvin (a firm specialising in helping companies establish themselves in Singapore), says that talented foreign professionals have an opportunity to develop their careers as well as enjoy top creature comforts offered by the city.
- New Singapore trend features opportunistic expat job hunters - April 12, 2013
- Burlington Ontario ranks best livable Canadian city for immigrants - March 25, 2013
- Singaporean businessman involved in Lee Chestnutt scandal - January 22, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- Emerging Asian Tiger Cub countries attract more foreigners - November 14, 2012
- Mumbai still the safest Indian city for female expatriates - November 7, 2012
- Asia is the new hub for expat advancement and wealth - October 22, 2012
- Singapore authorities worried about levels of expat hatred - September 5, 2012
- Most liveable city on the planet is Melbourne - August 29, 2012
- Butte named most Irish American US city - August 28, 2012
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013
- Immigrant impact on town transformation underscores US visa reform - May 7, 2013
- Expat entrepreneurs in niche markets do well in China - May 6, 2013