Singapore is most liveable city in Asia
Though the survey focused on Asians relocating within the region—including a Japanese banker relocating to Hong Kong—the study has implications for UK expats in Asia as well. Asians are expected to be more well-informed about the region, so if they move to a country, they are likely to get a more local perspective on the top places within Asia, say experts.
As more expatriates build new lives in the city-state, over 20% of the population of Singapore are now non-Singaporeans. A great number of these expatriates come from neighbouring Malaysia, China and India, highlighting the nation’s attractiveness to fellow Asians.
Satish Bakhda, who is general manager at Rikvin (a firm specialising in helping companies establish themselves in Singapore), says that talented foreign professionals have an opportunity to develop their careers as well as enjoy top creature comforts offered by the city.
- Asia to become top destination for expat millionaires in 2014 - October 10, 2013
- Expat jobs in Singapore may be harder to snare - September 25, 2013
- Tiny Brunei beats out Malaysia for expat satisfaction in S E Asia poll - September 11, 2013
- Australia migrant trends survey points to Asian Century - June 14, 2013
- Hong Kong immigrants in Canada rushing to return to Asian homelands - May 22, 2013
- New Singapore trend features opportunistic expat job hunters - April 12, 2013
- Burlington Ontario ranks best livable Canadian city for immigrants - March 25, 2013
- Singaporean businessman involved in Lee Chestnutt scandal - January 22, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- Emerging Asian Tiger Cub countries attract more foreigners - November 14, 2012
- UK government urged to intervene on Malta Golden passport scheme - December 10, 2013
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013