UK entrepreneurs emigrating beyond British shores
The USA seems the most attractive nation to the respondents, as 27% see it as the most likely place which could allow them to achieve their dreams. The UK’s entrepreneurs seem quite convinced about the “American Dream” and that it is thriving, as 36% think that Uncle Sam will aid them on the road to their success.
The rest of the globe, however, views Britain as second most attractive place for entrepreneurs, while in the USA, 11% of Americans see Britain as their destination of choice. Despite 46% of aspiring entrepreneurs wishing to leave Britain, the figure favourably compares to other EU countries. In Germany 78% of would-be entrepreneurs reveal they would like emigrate, while 67% of Greek and French entrepreneurs also wish to go abroad.
Chris Arnold, who is CEO of Smaller Earth, said it was quite important that aspiring entrepreneurs be supported by their government and community. The brightest will always seek to improve infrastructure and social conditions on a level which crosses borders, but to have a start somewhere else can be very tough, he added.
- Expat entrepreneurs in niche markets do well in China - May 6, 2013
- Survey shows a quarter of UK millionaires planning emigration - March 7, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- UK the most popular EU country for migrants - February 7, 2013
- UK Tech industry hopes immigration reform includes entrepreneur visas - February 6, 2013
- Survey finds 79 percent of UK migrants wont return - January 21, 2013
- UK expat trapped in Thailand due to legal chaos - January 16, 2013
- Increased emigration linked to poor UK job prospects - January 7, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- British emigrants reverse traditional Aussie migration route - December 18, 2012
- Costa Rica Central Valley becoming the next expat haven - May 21, 2013
- Canada to lure Silicon Valley techies struggling with immigration issues - May 20, 2013
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013