Overseas Students Being Unfairly Targeted
The report that has just recently come out suggests that the qualifications awarded by about 600 institutions be reviewed to see whether they have sufficient merit to let graduates stay in the UK. This comes just after a recent speech by Gordon Brown on emigration, which promised a further tightening of visas for international students as well.
Many experts go on to point out that most media groups have failed to take into account the fact that the emigration advisory committee has reported no evidence that suggests that international students take jobs away from the British workforce. This news is yet something else that is unsettling to international students. Many of them have already been subject to many extreme measures from the government in an attempt to reduce emigration figures.
Although most experts do agree that emigration is something that needs to be controlled, they do admit that the government could be focusing on the wrong group. They go on to point out that stricter laws for overseas students may only end up hurting the UK in the long run. After all, international students make up a good portion of the money that comes into both the UK and universities. Soon these students may determine that it's not worth it to study in the UK anymore and take their money elsewhere.
- Survey shows international companies plan to increase overseas assignments - April 22, 2013
- Entry charges mooted for overseas migrants coming to Britain - March 12, 2013
- NZ immigration bans returning Chinese students for academic failure - March 5, 2013
- New survey highlights inexpensive overseas havens for expat retirees - January 3, 2013
- Brightest and best are leaving Britain for overseas jobs - November 29, 2012
- Surprise reasons why wealthy Chinese rush to invest overseas - November 16, 2012
- Overseas Investors: EB-5 Applicants Investing in US Charter Schools to receive Green Cards - October 24, 2012
- MPs call for reclassification of immigrant students - September 7, 2012
- Portuguese students plan to emigrate after graduating - August 21, 2012
- Rights of overseas workers defended by Australian DIAC - July 25, 2012
- Costa Rica Central Valley becoming the next expat haven - May 21, 2013
- Canada to lure Silicon Valley techies struggling with immigration issues - May 20, 2013
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013