Illegal Emigrant Jumps from Moving Lorry
After catching the emigrant that jumped out of the lorry, police stopped the lorry further down the road and found that there were two more illegal emigrants hiding in the back. All three of the men were reportedly arrested on suspicion of using an illegal measure to enter the country. The men were then handed to UK Border Agency officials.
Later reports go on to show that two of the men were from Iran and the other was from Palestine. However, it was not clear how far they had traveled in the lorry. A spokesman for the UK Border Agency said, "We can confirm that three individuals, suspected of illegally entering the UK in a lorry, were arrested on July 24 in Rugby before being swiftly transferred to a specialist team of UK Border Agency officers. All of the suspected stowaways are currently being detained and will be removed from the UK as soon as possible." The spokesperson also noted, "Since the start of this year, we have already prevented more than 18,800 individual attempts to penetrate the UK border at our controls in northern France."
The UK is currently in the middle of trying to crack down on all illegal emigrant activity within its borders. Companies that hire illegal emigrants can face huge fines if they are not able to prove that they did the proper background check before hiring an illegal emigrant.
Thanks to www.coventrytelegraph.net for the above quotes.
- British emigrants reverse traditional Aussie migration route - December 18, 2012
- Greece launches crackdown on illegal immigrants - August 7, 2012
- UK attracts high number of EU emigrants - July 17, 2012
- Higgins suggests using abandoned estates as emigrants holiday homes - June 25, 2012
- Tokyo surpasses Luanda as priciest city for emigrants - June 14, 2012
- Scottish emigrant wins Australian award - June 12, 2012
- Mexico Illegal immigrant theme park gives taste of perilous trip across the US border - June 7, 2012
- UK emigrants to have crisis centre by month's end - June 4, 2012
- Expert says learn host language before moving overseas - May 31, 2012
- Low annuity making emigrant retirees pull pensions out of UK - May 21, 2012
- Costa Rica Central Valley becoming the next expat haven - May 21, 2013
- Canada to lure Silicon Valley techies struggling with immigration issues - May 20, 2013
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013