Population levels could reach astronomical levels in the UK
The Chairman of Migrationwatch, Sir Andrew Green, notes that 'The latest population estimates confirm that, in the next 25 years, we will have to build seven cities the size of Birmingham just for new immigrants. This cannot be allowed to continue unchecked. The Government is carrying out a major reform of the immigration system but its central feature, the points-based system, does not limit immigration and is not even intended to do so."
A spokesperson for the Home Office said in response that '"he tough new Australian-style points-based system means only those we want and no more can come here to work and study. The points system covers close to six in ten of all migrants - more than a cap - and is flexible, allowing us to raise or lower the bar according to the needs of business and the country as a whole."
"Nationals from the Accession 8 countries (those that joined the EU in 2004) continue to come to the UK to work, contributing to the success of the UK economy, whilst making few demands of our welfare system. Migrant labor is by no means the only solution to our tight labor market. The National Skills Strategy was launched to address the needs of our domestic labor force," she continued.
- Survey shows a quarter of UK millionaires planning emigration - March 7, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- UK the most popular EU country for migrants - February 7, 2013
- UK Tech industry hopes immigration reform includes entrepreneur visas - February 6, 2013
- Survey finds 79 percent of UK migrants wont return - January 21, 2013
- UK expat trapped in Thailand due to legal chaos - January 16, 2013
- Increased emigration linked to poor UK job prospects - January 7, 2013
- UK census highlights demographic effects of soaring immigration - December 12, 2012
- Highly qualified Ukrainian graduates desperate to work abroad - December 5, 2012
- Illegal Immigrant Returns Home and Sets Up Business Selling UK Passports - January 26, 2012
- Costa Rica Central Valley becoming the next expat haven - May 21, 2013
- Canada to lure Silicon Valley techies struggling with immigration issues - May 20, 2013
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013