Population levels could reach astronomical levels in the UK
The Chairman of Migrationwatch, Sir Andrew Green, notes that 'The latest population estimates confirm that, in the next 25 years, we will have to build seven cities the size of Birmingham just for new immigrants. This cannot be allowed to continue unchecked. The Government is carrying out a major reform of the immigration system but its central feature, the points-based system, does not limit immigration and is not even intended to do so."
A spokesperson for the Home Office said in response that '"he tough new Australian-style points-based system means only those we want and no more can come here to work and study. The points system covers close to six in ten of all migrants - more than a cap - and is flexible, allowing us to raise or lower the bar according to the needs of business and the country as a whole."
"Nationals from the Accession 8 countries (those that joined the EU in 2004) continue to come to the UK to work, contributing to the success of the UK economy, whilst making few demands of our welfare system. Migrant labor is by no means the only solution to our tight labor market. The National Skills Strategy was launched to address the needs of our domestic labor force," she continued.
- UK government should focus on frozen pensions scandal not winter fuel payment - November 15, 2013
- UK expats ditch Europe for new retirement havens - November 11, 2013
- Tailored reports of expat costs help determine income levels - October 16, 2013
- Tough UK government bill aims at curbing immigration - October 14, 2013
- Top UK politician warns of migrants recreating their cultures in Britain - September 26, 2013
- New Zealand PM tasks UK government over unfair visa restrictions for Kiwis - September 24, 2013
- Survey reveals UK brain drain is likely to be irreversible - September 18, 2013
- MP poll of UK emigrants reveals most are middle income workers - September 6, 2013
- UK emigrant dilemmas over when to sell property - September 5, 2013
- Kiwis call for open door policy for immigrants to the UK - August 30, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Ontario to expand its Bridge Training Programme to help new immigrants - November 28, 2013
- British expats mostly happy with life overseas - November 28, 2013
- Immigration New Zealand accused of running a visa factory - November 22, 2013