UK Border Agency Issued Warning Over Racism Claims
When speaking on this issue, Johnson said that he was just completely appalled by the singer's claims. The mayor said that his letter is supposed to remind the UK Border Agency that they are the 'face and voice' of modern Britain, and they need to act like it.
This issue was brought to light after the American singer took to her Twitter account to inform the world of her ordeal. Not too long after, Mr. Johnson wrote to her on Twitter saying that he heard about the treatment that she had received at a UK airport. He then told her that this is not typical, and he is completely appalled by it. Johnson also wanted her to know that he is on the case and would get to the bottom of it.
The mayor went on to write to the chief executive of the UK Border Agency, Rob Whiteman. He said that it was critical that visitors to the UK have a great experience. This goes double since the Olympic Games will be coming up soon.
- Exaggerated media claims of immigration threat may destroy poll integrities - April 24, 2013
- Australia and US issue warning over visa admin scams - April 18, 2013
- Survey shows a quarter of UK millionaires planning emigration - March 7, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- UK the most popular EU country for migrants - February 7, 2013
- UK Tech industry hopes immigration reform includes entrepreneur visas - February 6, 2013
- US Immigration Reform Plans to Incorporate Border Security - January 30, 2013
- Survey finds 79 percent of UK migrants wont return - January 21, 2013
- UK expat trapped in Thailand due to legal chaos - January 16, 2013
- Increased emigration linked to poor UK job prospects - January 7, 2013
- Hong Kong immigrants in Canada rushing to return to Asian homelands - May 22, 2013
- Costa Rica Central Valley becoming the next expat haven - May 21, 2013
- Canada to lure Silicon Valley techies struggling with immigration issues - May 20, 2013
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013