Ireland to emerge from recession in 2016
The survey asked respondents a range of questions on how they felt about the current state of the country. Although more than half replied that they thought Ireland to be corrupt and 90 per cent of respondents said that they could not be sure about their future employment prospects, more than half were convinced that things will get better after 2016.
The research found that just over 30 per cent felt they had a good level of job security and 44 per cent said they still believed that Ireland is a land of opportunities. However 50 per cent of those who responded said that at the end of the month they had no money left over and four in every 10 said the lack of job opportunities and high unemployment was a serious danger when it came to happiness and health.
The study also asked what respondents would do if money worries were taken away by a lottery win. The most popular response was to take care of family, then to pay off debts and then to go travelling.
Sponge It director Ger Farrell said he was confident that a little hard work would see Ireland out of recession within half-a-decade.
- New support emerges for US immigration reform - March 14, 2013
- Massive fall in Ireland to Australia working holiday visas - February 25, 2013
- Recession in Italy sparks immigrant exodus - January 9, 2013
- Ireland offers contracts to graduate nurses to stem migration - December 13, 2012
- Number of people emigrating from Ireland continues to grow - September 28, 2012
- Unemployment figures in Ireland kept down by emigration - September 24, 2012
- Sports clubs in Ireland suffer from emigration - September 17, 2012
- Young adult emigration makes Ireland population plummet by 12 percent - May 28, 2012
- Ireland to New York emigration echoing early 20th century rates - March 7, 2012
- Recession stricken Portugal urges citizens to find work abroad - February 24, 2012
- UK government urged to intervene on Malta Golden passport scheme - December 10, 2013
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013