South African youth believe future will be better
Jobs were the biggest concern for 23 per cent of those who responded to the survey. The next biggest concern was crime, which was something that worried 19 per cent of respondents.
Although the majority of South Africans were positive that things would begin to get better over the next decade, nearly half said that they thought things might deteriorate and were considering the advantages associated with emigration to another country.
According to the figures collected 27 per cent of the Asian population are convinced things will improve along with 34 per cent of the white population and 44 per cent of coloureds. The black youth population was the most optimistic with 66 per cent saying that things are getting better.
The female population of South Africa is less convinced that things in the country are improving with only 48 per cent saying things are getting better; this was compared to 60 per cent of men who believe the future will be better. Age was also a factor in optimism with the older population tending to be more negative than the younger.
- Middle Eastern and North African companies increase expat hiring - March 4, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- NZ government report predicts gloomy future for country - January 10, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- Over a third of South African youth may emigrate - November 23, 2012
- Pope discourages Christian youth from leaving Lebanon - September 20, 2012
- Whites and Indians most likely to leave South Africa - September 4, 2012
- Greek youth still dreaming of emigrating - May 1, 2012
- Youth Unemployment Being Hit Hard by Migrants from Eastern Europe - January 11, 2012
- British Youths Losing Jobs to Migrants - August 24, 2011
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013
- Immigrant impact on town transformation underscores US visa reform - May 7, 2013
- Expat entrepreneurs in niche markets do well in China - May 6, 2013