South African youth believe future will be better
Jobs were the biggest concern for 23 per cent of those who responded to the survey. The next biggest concern was crime, which was something that worried 19 per cent of respondents.
Although the majority of South Africans were positive that things would begin to get better over the next decade, nearly half said that they thought things might deteriorate and were considering the advantages associated with emigration to another country.
According to the figures collected 27 per cent of the Asian population are convinced things will improve along with 34 per cent of the white population and 44 per cent of coloureds. The black youth population was the most optimistic with 66 per cent saying that things are getting better.
The female population of South Africa is less convinced that things in the country are improving with only 48 per cent saying things are getting better; this was compared to 60 per cent of men who believe the future will be better. Age was also a factor in optimism with the older population tending to be more negative than the younger.
- South Sudan and Angola capital cities most expensive for migrant oil workers - October 24, 2013
- Middle Eastern and North African companies increase expat hiring - March 4, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- NZ government report predicts gloomy future for country - January 10, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- Over a third of South African youth may emigrate - November 23, 2012
- Pope discourages Christian youth from leaving Lebanon - September 20, 2012
- Whites and Indians most likely to leave South Africa - September 4, 2012
- Greek youth still dreaming of emigrating - May 1, 2012
- Youth Unemployment Being Hit Hard by Migrants from Eastern Europe - January 11, 2012
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Ontario to expand its Bridge Training Programme to help new immigrants - November 28, 2013
- British expats mostly happy with life overseas - November 28, 2013