Hungarian Ministry says Roma fake reasons to flee
A statement issued by the Human Resources Ministry said Hungary observes human rights and is a “democratic constitutional state”. Anyone seeking political asylum in another land while citing Hungary as a “quasi-fascist dictatorship” is not telling the truth, added the statement.
According to the ministry, Hungarians who relocated to Canada were lured by the generous financial benefits offered by Canada’s immigration law. With Canada’s recent legislation changes, Hungary will likely see many of its asylum-seekers sent back. The new laws are due to be implemented later this month.
Canada’s message, according to the Hungarian government’s statement, is that the future may not be built on federal benefits but on hard work. Hungary’s Roma have a future in Hungary, added the statement. Although it is not easy to thrive as a Roma in this country, there are federal programmes seeking to offer opportunities to all in job training, it went on.
Responding to Canada’s decision, the Hungarian National Roma Self-Government called for a distinction between political and economic refugees, urging action against people smugglers who violate refugee rights.
- Nigerian visa scammer still in fake marriage after sentencing - September 9, 2013
- Romania strikes back over stereotyped misrepresentation of migrants - February 8, 2013
- Germany the preferred immigration destination for highly skilled Hungarians - November 27, 2012
- Surprise reasons why wealthy Chinese rush to invest overseas - November 16, 2012
- Bulgarians and Romanians to gain unrestricted entry to UK - November 13, 2012
- 8 Cubans flee Mexican immigration facility - June 13, 2012
- Reasons for New Zealand immigrant visa rejections to remain secret - February 17, 2012
- UK Border Agency Continues to Warn Migrants About Fake Documents - September 2, 2011
- Romanian Gypsies Ransack the House of an Immigration Officer - August 18, 2011
- Home Office to Review Human Rights Laws for Border Control Reasons - July 12, 2011
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013