Ethnic Population in the UK On The Rise Over the Past 8 Years
Some figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said that about 9.1 million people living in England and Wales are now from a “non white” background. This is the same as one in every six people living in these areas.
These new figures, which were compiled in 2009, are now about 2.5 million higher than the 6.6 million people who were reported back in 2001. As some have already figured out, this has started even more doubt about the impact of Labour's immigration policies.
However, the report does point out that the biggest increase during this 8-year period was from the “other white” group. This is a group that is made up of other Europeans and citizens from countries like Australia and America. This group saw its population increase by 553,000.
Of course, there were other groups that showed a sharp increase as well. The Chinese group showed an increase of 8.6 percent each year. Black Africans showed an increase of about 214,000 since 2001 as well. Either way, the largest ethnic population belongs to Indians. They account for about 1.4 million people living in the UK.
The UK Border Agency is going to have its hands full after this report. People are going to start watching a lot more closely on how they handle immigration from this point on.
- UK government should focus on frozen pensions scandal not winter fuel payment - November 15, 2013
- UK expats ditch Europe for new retirement havens - November 11, 2013
- Tough UK government bill aims at curbing immigration - October 14, 2013
- Top UK politician warns of migrants recreating their cultures in Britain - September 26, 2013
- New Zealand PM tasks UK government over unfair visa restrictions for Kiwis - September 24, 2013
- Survey reveals UK brain drain is likely to be irreversible - September 18, 2013
- MP poll of UK emigrants reveals most are middle income workers - September 6, 2013
- UK emigrant dilemmas over when to sell property - September 5, 2013
- Kiwis call for open door policy for immigrants to the UK - August 30, 2013
- New breed of UK migrants heads away from Europe - August 14, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Ontario to expand its Bridge Training Programme to help new immigrants - November 28, 2013