Emigration Officer Loses His Job After Putting His Wife on Terrorist List
Apparently the man did this in an attempt to get rid of his wife. After his wife left the country to fly to Pakistan to see family, he put her on the terrorist watch list. Thus, for the past three years, she has not been able to return to the UK from Pakistan.
This little stunt of his would have went unnoticed for longer had he not been selected for a promotion and his wife's name was found on the suspects' list during a vetting inquiry. Needless to say, the Home Office confirmed that the man has been canned for what they are calling gross misconduct. Of course, something like this clearly also falls under abusing authority.
This little stunt is likely to raise a lot of new questions at the UK Border Agency. One problem that clearly needs to be addressed is the level of efficiency at the UK Border Agency. It is not very reassuring to know that, if someone upsets a UK Border Agency official, they can could have that person banned from returning to the UK. In this case, the lady was banned for three years, and she just got discovered by chance.
A spokesman for the agency said that they expect the highest level of integrity out of their officials. Allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated, and the agency always takes swift action when needed.
- French Jewish emigration to Israel on the decline - June 7, 2015
- Spain down to third most popular emigration destination among brits - April 27, 2015
- Hungarian youths leaving in droves as emigration almost doubles - April 10, 2015
- 10% of millionaires from Hong Kong mulling emigration - March 27, 2015
- UK: Home Secretary insists work must be done to prevent Jewish emigration - January 19, 2015
- Emigration of Spaniards on the rise - December 16, 2014
- Emigration to Australia to become even tougher - December 5, 2014
- Emigration leading to fall in Spain’s unemployment - December 3, 2014
- Emigration affecting Iran’s nurse shortage - December 2, 2014
- Emigration to Israel of Italian Jews to double this year - November 27, 2014
- Austria and Hungary at loggerheads over migrants - June 24, 2015
- Mediterranean migrant crisis: EU to launch new quarantine system - June 23, 2015
- Europe spends billions deporting migrants - June 22, 2015
- Lorry migrants in UK passed onto immigration officials - June 20, 2015
- More South Africans looking to emigrate - June 19, 2015
- Spain among Europe’s cheapest countries for expats - June 19, 2015
- Rolf Harris wants to emigrate to Australia upon prison release - June 19, 2015
- One in four young Egyptian males want to quit country - June 12, 2015
- Myanmar repatriates 144 illegal migrants - June 11, 2015
- Portuguese PM refutes claims he urged youth to emigrate - June 10, 2015