Emigration Officer Loses His Job After Putting His Wife on Terrorist List
Apparently the man did this in an attempt to get rid of his wife. After his wife left the country to fly to Pakistan to see family, he put her on the terrorist watch list. Thus, for the past three years, she has not been able to return to the UK from Pakistan.
This little stunt of his would have went unnoticed for longer had he not been selected for a promotion and his wife's name was found on the suspects' list during a vetting inquiry. Needless to say, the Home Office confirmed that the man has been canned for what they are calling gross misconduct. Of course, something like this clearly also falls under abusing authority.
This little stunt is likely to raise a lot of new questions at the UK Border Agency. One problem that clearly needs to be addressed is the level of efficiency at the UK Border Agency. It is not very reassuring to know that, if someone upsets a UK Border Agency official, they can could have that person banned from returning to the UK. In this case, the lady was banned for three years, and she just got discovered by chance.
A spokesman for the agency said that they expect the highest level of integrity out of their officials. Allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated, and the agency always takes swift action when needed.
- Emigrating for a job can be the toughest decision of all - February 14, 2014
- January sees spike in emigration from the UK - January 23, 2014
- Hong Kong and UAE top emigration hubs for global professionals - January 6, 2014
- Husband and wife separated by UK Border Agency to be reunited - January 1, 2014
- Kiwi emigration to Australia up by 40 per cent - December 30, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Australia listed in top ten destinations for immigrants - November 8, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration removes hospitality sector jobs from skills shortage list - November 5, 2013
- Foreign workers cause rising fears over jobs for Australians - November 1, 2013
- Canada scrapped millionaire visa may provoke lawsuit - March 7, 2014
- Canada visa system threatens another ethnic restaurateur - March 6, 2014
- Chinese millionaires complain as Canada entry route is blocked - March 5, 2014
- 3000 Brit builders helping reconstruct Christchurch - March 4, 2014
- Controversial changes to Norway immigration rules - March 3, 2014
- EU parliament descends into shouting match over Swiss immigration vote - February 28, 2014
- Canada toughens up on citizenship requirements - February 27, 2014
- Latest New Zealand statistics offer snapshot of Kiwi life - February 26, 2014
- UK immigration advisors favour selling UK residency visas to highest bidders - February 25, 2014
- France to launch new student and business visa categories - February 24, 2014