Emigration Officer Loses His Job After Putting His Wife on Terrorist List
Apparently the man did this in an attempt to get rid of his wife. After his wife left the country to fly to Pakistan to see family, he put her on the terrorist watch list. Thus, for the past three years, she has not been able to return to the UK from Pakistan.
This little stunt of his would have went unnoticed for longer had he not been selected for a promotion and his wife's name was found on the suspects' list during a vetting inquiry. Needless to say, the Home Office confirmed that the man has been canned for what they are calling gross misconduct. Of course, something like this clearly also falls under abusing authority.
This little stunt is likely to raise a lot of new questions at the UK Border Agency. One problem that clearly needs to be addressed is the level of efficiency at the UK Border Agency. It is not very reassuring to know that, if someone upsets a UK Border Agency official, they can could have that person banned from returning to the UK. In this case, the lady was banned for three years, and she just got discovered by chance.
A spokesman for the agency said that they expect the highest level of integrity out of their officials. Allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated, and the agency always takes swift action when needed.
- Spain down to third most popular emigration destination among brits - April 27, 2015
- Hungarian youths leaving in droves as emigration almost doubles - April 10, 2015
- 10% of millionaires from Hong Kong mulling emigration - March 27, 2015
- UK: Home Secretary insists work must be done to prevent Jewish emigration - January 19, 2015
- Emigration of Spaniards on the rise - December 16, 2014
- Emigration to Australia to become even tougher - December 5, 2014
- Emigration leading to fall in Spain’s unemployment - December 3, 2014
- Emigration affecting Iran’s nurse shortage - December 2, 2014
- Emigration to Israel of Italian Jews to double this year - November 27, 2014
- Greater number of Israelis seeking emigration to Europe - November 14, 2014
- British expats reveal why Spain is number one choice - May 26, 2015
- Graves filled with suspected trafficking victims found in Malaysia - May 26, 2015
- Malaga attracting foreign buyers once more - May 22, 2015
- Spain joins EU migrant quota opposition - May 21, 2015
- More Brits die in Spain than any other country - May 20, 2015
- Illegal immigrant talks to begin between Malaysia, Bangladesh and Myanmar - May 19, 2015
- Migrant’s Gibraltar Straight bid foiled by Morocco - May 18, 2015
- Large numbers of Hungarians looking to emigrate - May 13, 2015
- Latvian border guards kept busy by illegal immigrants - May 12, 2015
- Refugee crisis forcing people to emigrate - May 11, 2015