Emigration Officer Loses His Job After Putting His Wife on Terrorist List
Apparently the man did this in an attempt to get rid of his wife. After his wife left the country to fly to Pakistan to see family, he put her on the terrorist watch list. Thus, for the past three years, she has not been able to return to the UK from Pakistan.
This little stunt of his would have went unnoticed for longer had he not been selected for a promotion and his wife's name was found on the suspects' list during a vetting inquiry. Needless to say, the Home Office confirmed that the man has been canned for what they are calling gross misconduct. Of course, something like this clearly also falls under abusing authority.
This little stunt is likely to raise a lot of new questions at the UK Border Agency. One problem that clearly needs to be addressed is the level of efficiency at the UK Border Agency. It is not very reassuring to know that, if someone upsets a UK Border Agency official, they can could have that person banned from returning to the UK. In this case, the lady was banned for three years, and she just got discovered by chance.
A spokesman for the agency said that they expect the highest level of integrity out of their officials. Allegations of misconduct are thoroughly investigated, and the agency always takes swift action when needed.
- Canada adds more occupations to priority list and expedites credential assessments. - July 25, 2014
- Is emigration really the answer to austerity - June 12, 2014
- UK government loses plot on overseas expat benefit cheats - June 6, 2014
- OECD ranks Germany number two in migrant destination list - May 21, 2014
- Irish couple claim bank repayment demand forced New Zealand emigration - May 19, 2014
- Expat graduates having tough times finding skilled jobs in Canada - April 21, 2014
- Survey shows Northern Irish emigration increasingly popular - April 8, 2014
- Job offers for qualified and registered nurses not needed for Canada permanent residence - April 4, 2014
- Foreign doctors unable to get New Zealand hospital jobs - April 2, 2014
- UAE drop in expat salaries may threaten executive level emigration - March 11, 2014
- Canadian immigration issues first entrepreneur start-up visas - August 19, 2014
- Scotland shaping up as immigration destination for other Brits - August 18, 2014
- Saudi losing skilled expats due to Saudization four year visa rule - August 15, 2014
- Canada Silicon Valley North benefits from delay in US immigration reform - August 14, 2014
- Thai surrogate twins issue reveals Australia rejects Downs Syndrome migrants - August 14, 2014
- Potential expats worry about safety in Saudi Arabia - August 12, 2014
- Leaked files spark Aussie probe into massive immigration fraud - August 11, 2014
- Australia to woo Chinese millionaires with relaxed immigration requirements - August 8, 2014
- Immigrant families desolate as Canada lowers dependent child age - August 7, 2014
- Study reveals top ten overseas retirement destinations for UK citizens - August 6, 2014