Czech Republic to Finally End Tests Preformed on Gay Asylum Seekers
This testing method, which is currently known as phallometry, was invented in the 1950s by a Prague-based sexologist. It is actually widely used today to determine the sexual orientation and deviation of a person.
A spokesperson for the Czech interior ministry, Vldimir Repka, said that the asylum applicants would not be given the test unless they ask for it themselves in order to improve their chances for asylum. It is still believed that some asylum seekers will ask for the test.
The Vienna-based European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights has already slammed Czech authorities for using this test. Pretty much, sexologists use this test to measure the sexual arousal of gay and lesbian asylum seekers while they watch porn.
The agency has already argued in a November report that such testing was unreliable and potentially a violation of Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights. This is an article that bans torture and inhumane treatment.
Of course, it did not seem to be the Czech authorities' intent to humiliate anyone. Some experts said that many authorities believe that this test is very helpful and can be used to help them make the right choice. However, how many asylum seekers that will ask for the test has yet to be seen. Many think that asylum seekers will ask for the test simply to improve their chances of getting accepted.
- Australian activists halt asylum seeker deportation - February 3, 2015
- Haitians desperately looking to emigrate to Dominican Republic - January 26, 2015
- Australia broadens range of English Language tests for visa applicants - May 29, 2014
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Republican Senator Rand Paul Encourages Comprehensive Immigration Reform - March 21, 2013
- Barack Obama Meets the Republican Senate on Immigration Reform to discuss Bipartisan Support - February 28, 2013
- Weekend Leak of US Immigration Bill Angers Republicans - February 23, 2013
- Republican Alternative to the DREAM Act is rejected by young undocumented immigrants - November 30, 2012
- Record number of asylum seekers come to Australia by sea - October 15, 2012
- Gay Filipino woman challenges deportation from the US - July 14, 2012
- Irish emigrants opting against Australia - April 15, 2015
- Thousands of migrants rescued off North Africa - April 14, 2015
- Three-fold increase in illegal migrants arriving in Greece - April 13, 2015
- Hungarian youths leaving in droves as emigration almost doubles - April 10, 2015
- Large class sizes in Ireland could be address by emigrating teachers - April 9, 2015
- National Survey states that over half of Greeks want to emigrate - April 8, 2015
- Emigrants want Ryanair to reduce flights for returning to vote - April 7, 2015
- Pregnant Chinese Women Travelling to USA to Conceive - April 6, 2015
- Eleven suspected illegal immigrants from Syria caught on the M20 in Kent - April 3, 2015
- Cayman Islands see more Cuban migrants arrive - April 1, 2015