UK Border Agency Jails Illegal Emigrant For Deception
Ahmad was arrested, with 4 other men, on June 4 of this year. He was arrested during a UK Border Agency raid at the Taste of India in Roman Bank. This area was targeted for reports on illegal emigrants working there.
Apparently Ahmad had a visa but then overstayed his welcome. He had no permission to remain in the UK at all but made a number of fraudulent applications under a different identity in an attempt to stay in the country.
He was sentenced to a full 4 months for one offense and 6 for the other. These two sentences will be served concurrently. After he has served his time, the UK Border Agency will seek to remove him from the country as soon as possible.
Back on August 20, another emigration offender was remanded in custody after he appeared in Skegness Magistrates Court. He was charged with trying to avoid being removed from the UK by providing false details to the UK Border Agency.
Thus, it is very easy to see that giving out false information to the UK border Agency is not something that the group is prepared to tolerate. Emigrants that give fake information will be given jail sentences and then normally removed afterward.
- Survey shows a quarter of UK millionaires planning emigration - March 7, 2013
- UK pension law changes may affect future expat retirees - February 12, 2013
- UK the most popular EU country for migrants - February 7, 2013
- UK Tech industry hopes immigration reform includes entrepreneur visas - February 6, 2013
- US Immigration Reform Plans to Incorporate Border Security - January 30, 2013
- Survey finds 79 percent of UK migrants wont return - January 21, 2013
- UK expat trapped in Thailand due to legal chaos - January 16, 2013
- Increased emigration linked to poor UK job prospects - January 7, 2013
- British emigrants reverse traditional Aussie migration route - December 18, 2012
- UK census highlights demographic effects of soaring immigration - December 12, 2012
- Australia plans to admit 190000 immigrants in 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Merkel urges Germans to accept immigration policy changes - May 16, 2013
- Kiwi lifestyle and higher wages lure highly skilled Brits - May 15, 2013
- Canada ramps up search for skilled immigrants in specific trades - May 14, 2013
- US senator submits game changing bill to repeal FATCA - May 13, 2013
- Germany reels under surge in immigrants from EU countries - May 10, 2013
- Survey confirms emigration of hundreds of thousands of Irish - May 9, 2013
- Australian government to invest AU$ millions in promoting multiculturalism - May 8, 2013
- Immigrant impact on town transformation underscores US visa reform - May 7, 2013
- Expat entrepreneurs in niche markets do well in China - May 6, 2013