London Businesses Happier With Emigrant Workers than General Public
A survey of 182 firms in London found that 70 percent of them believe that the economy would not be as competitive if it was not for emigrant workers. This poll, which was actually carried out by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry in partnership with ComRes, came just two years after the introduction of the UK's point based system.
Many emigrants are viewed in positive light by London employers, as 68 percent of these businesses say they often work harder than their UK counterparts, while 72 percent of these companies say that emigrants are prepared to do the jobs that British citizens would not think of doing. Thus, without these emigrant workers, there would be some jobs that just simply would not get done.
Of course, these UK businesses not only view emigrants in a positive light, but they value their contribution to their firms as well. 57 percent of these companies said that emigrants are important to their company's needs. However, 56 percent of these companies think that emigrant workers are not as well qualified as UK employees. Thus, a lot of companies view emigrant workers as a form of cheap labor that will do jobs that other Brits would not think of doing. However, from an economical stand point, this means that emigrant workers are still very valuable to many UK businesses.
- British expat workers facing increasing numbers of FCO warnings - July 7, 2014
- London tech firms to spur massive increase in skilled immigration - June 17, 2014
- Saudi expat workers can convert family visitor visas to permanent residence - June 5, 2014
- Thai crackdown on visa runs may affect expat workers - May 20, 2014
- Canada immigration consultants pairing temporary foreign workers with firms - May 5, 2014
- Canada promises 25000 visa applications for skilled workers - April 29, 2014
- London tech companies suffering from strict immigration rules - April 24, 2014
- Irish emigrant group campaigns for migrants right to vote - December 21, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Remote New Zealand dairy farms need more migrant workers - November 20, 2013
- New Zealand First misses boat as Keys wins third straight term - September 24, 2014
- Canada warns potential immigrants to beware of scams by agents - September 23, 2014
- Reality of Irish Diaspora strikes home as 18 teachers leave small town - September 22, 2014
- Sleepless night for expat Scots ends with overwhelming No vote - September 19, 2014
- Trend in global expat suburbs makes for easier emigration - September 18, 2014
- Pakistani woman facing Sharia death sentence after deportation from Canada - September 18, 2014
- Canada express entry skilled work visa fails to impress migrants - September 16, 2014
- New Zealand jobs fairs in Australia plan to claw back skilled Kiwis - September 15, 2014
- Malaysia joins fight for wealthy investors by offering five year visas - September 12, 2014
- Is Ireland too late to stop its soaring emigration levels - September 11, 2014