London Businesses Happier With Emigrant Workers than General Public
A survey of 182 firms in London found that 70 percent of them believe that the economy would not be as competitive if it was not for emigrant workers. This poll, which was actually carried out by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry in partnership with ComRes, came just two years after the introduction of the UK's point based system.
Many emigrants are viewed in positive light by London employers, as 68 percent of these businesses say they often work harder than their UK counterparts, while 72 percent of these companies say that emigrants are prepared to do the jobs that British citizens would not think of doing. Thus, without these emigrant workers, there would be some jobs that just simply would not get done.
Of course, these UK businesses not only view emigrants in a positive light, but they value their contribution to their firms as well. 57 percent of these companies said that emigrants are important to their company's needs. However, 56 percent of these companies think that emigrant workers are not as well qualified as UK employees. Thus, a lot of companies view emigrant workers as a form of cheap labor that will do jobs that other Brits would not think of doing. However, from an economical stand point, this means that emigrant workers are still very valuable to many UK businesses.
- Irish government expects more emigrants to return - May 5, 2015
- Employment report shows more Irish emigrants seeking to return for work - April 23, 2015
- Irish emigrants opting against Australia - April 15, 2015
- Emigrants want Ryanair to reduce flights for returning to vote - April 7, 2015
- Record low of South Korean emigrants during 2014 - March 18, 2015
- Majority of emigrants find moving overseas tougher than expected - March 9, 2015
- South Korea to discuss safety of emigrants - February 12, 2015
- New Zealand and Canada chasing Irish workers - February 8, 2015
- 24 Irish emigrants faced deportation from Australia after roof-fixing scam - January 30, 2015
- Australians emigrating to London to fill paramedic vacancies - January 27, 2015
- Polish family emigrate to Plymouth after seeing images on Google Street View - July 28, 2015
- Europeans emigrating to Latin America for work - July 24, 2015
- Mexican emigration to US drops dramatically - July 23, 2015
- Turkey: More than 18,500 migrants rescued from Aegean Sea - July 22, 2015
- Egypt deports dozens of Sudanese over attempted illegal immigration - July 21, 2015
- 80% of overseas pension transfer requests fraudulent - July 15, 2015
- Freddie Starr to emigrate to Spain - July 13, 2015
- Immigrant dies attempting to jump onto moving train in Calais - July 11, 2015
- Mediterranean crisis: 500 migrants rescued off Libya - July 10, 2015
- Wealthy South Africans looking towards Malta - July 8, 2015