Asylum Seekers Ranked Above British People for Housing Priority
According to some new figures that were just recently released by the Home Office, the £750 million has been dished out to councils to help pay for housing has been given to asylum seekers from all corners of the globe. So far the numbers break down with £51.1 million paid to Glasgow City Council,£14.3 million to Liverpool City Council, £19 million to Nottingham City Council and £14.5 million to Cardiff City Council. The report also shows that millions more has been handed out to housing associations and private property firms.
Separate figures from the Home Office show that some 1.8 million people, officially described as British born, are waiting for social housing at present. Emigration minister Phil Woolas has defended this expenditure. He is claiming that it is an absolute priory that accommodations be given to asylum seekers. The Conservation Party has already endorsed all of the legislations, and it offers no alternative to this situation.
Thus, the battle between emigrants and British born people continues. While some agree that emigrants are needed to help the economy run, others are saying that the government is putting the emigrants before Brits. Right now the UK government seems to be in a catch 22. No matter what they choose to do, someone is going to be upset.
- British expats mostly happy with life overseas - November 28, 2013
- Australia to attract more young people from Europe on working holidays - November 6, 2013
- Cutting Irish social benefits for young people will accelerate migration - October 18, 2013
- Brit pensioner associations fight to unfreeze British pensions - July 9, 2013
- Survey reveals Oz crying out for British trained doctors - May 27, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- British emigrants reverse traditional Aussie migration route - December 18, 2012
- British migrants are now younger professionals rather than retirees - December 11, 2012
- British middle class brain drain as professionals head abroad - November 7, 2012
- Asylum Seeker Fights Deportation After Raping Child - November 22, 2011
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013