Asylum Seekers Ranked Above British People for Housing Priority
According to some new figures that were just recently released by the Home Office, the £750 million has been dished out to councils to help pay for housing has been given to asylum seekers from all corners of the globe. So far the numbers break down with £51.1 million paid to Glasgow City Council,£14.3 million to Liverpool City Council, £19 million to Nottingham City Council and £14.5 million to Cardiff City Council. The report also shows that millions more has been handed out to housing associations and private property firms.
Separate figures from the Home Office show that some 1.8 million people, officially described as British born, are waiting for social housing at present. Emigration minister Phil Woolas has defended this expenditure. He is claiming that it is an absolute priory that accommodations be given to asylum seekers. The Conservation Party has already endorsed all of the legislations, and it offers no alternative to this situation.
Thus, the battle between emigrants and British born people continues. While some agree that emigrants are needed to help the economy run, others are saying that the government is putting the emigrants before Brits. Right now the UK government seems to be in a catch 22. No matter what they choose to do, someone is going to be upset.
- Canada adds more occupations to priority list and expedites credential assessments. - July 25, 2014
- British expat workers facing increasing numbers of FCO warnings - July 7, 2014
- Four out of every 10 British couples with children would consider emigrating - May 30, 2014
- More than a third of British degree students looking to study overseas - May 8, 2014
- Reasons for returnee UK expats include TV and British food - April 25, 2014
- Swiss people want EU deals to stand despite referendum result - February 17, 2014
- British government policy on immigration hits out at freedom of movement - February 3, 2014
- Archbishop condemns UK immigration rules for separating British families - December 17, 2013
- British expats mostly happy with life overseas - November 28, 2013
- Asylum Seeker Fights Deportation After Raping Child - November 22, 2011
- New Zealand First misses boat as Keys wins third straight term - September 24, 2014
- Canada warns potential immigrants to beware of scams by agents - September 23, 2014
- Reality of Irish Diaspora strikes home as 18 teachers leave small town - September 22, 2014
- Sleepless night for expat Scots ends with overwhelming No vote - September 19, 2014
- Trend in global expat suburbs makes for easier emigration - September 18, 2014
- Pakistani woman facing Sharia death sentence after deportation from Canada - September 18, 2014
- Canada express entry skilled work visa fails to impress migrants - September 16, 2014
- New Zealand jobs fairs in Australia plan to claw back skilled Kiwis - September 15, 2014
- Malaysia joins fight for wealthy investors by offering five year visas - September 12, 2014
- Is Ireland too late to stop its soaring emigration levels - September 11, 2014