Asylum Seekers Ranked Above British People for Housing Priority
According to some new figures that were just recently released by the Home Office, the £750 million has been dished out to councils to help pay for housing has been given to asylum seekers from all corners of the globe. So far the numbers break down with £51.1 million paid to Glasgow City Council,£14.3 million to Liverpool City Council, £19 million to Nottingham City Council and £14.5 million to Cardiff City Council. The report also shows that millions more has been handed out to housing associations and private property firms.
Separate figures from the Home Office show that some 1.8 million people, officially described as British born, are waiting for social housing at present. Emigration minister Phil Woolas has defended this expenditure. He is claiming that it is an absolute priory that accommodations be given to asylum seekers. The Conservation Party has already endorsed all of the legislations, and it offers no alternative to this situation.
Thus, the battle between emigrants and British born people continues. While some agree that emigrants are needed to help the economy run, others are saying that the government is putting the emigrants before Brits. Right now the UK government seems to be in a catch 22. No matter what they choose to do, someone is going to be upset.
- British expats reveal why Spain is number one choice - May 26, 2015
- Refugee crisis forcing people to emigrate - May 11, 2015
- ‘Lost Generation’ of 5,000 people will not return from Canada - March 19, 2015
- British retirees keen to emigrate, financial vehicles encouraging move - March 4, 2015
- British expats better paid and healthier, work longer hours - February 27, 2015
- Australian activists halt asylum seeker deportation - February 3, 2015
- Lebanon: More people want second nationality - December 17, 2014
- British expats looking towards Italian property - December 1, 2014
- Canada adds more occupations to priority list and expedites credential assessments. - July 25, 2014
- British expat workers facing increasing numbers of FCO warnings - July 7, 2014
- Polish family emigrate to Plymouth after seeing images on Google Street View - July 28, 2015
- Europeans emigrating to Latin America for work - July 24, 2015
- Mexican emigration to US drops dramatically - July 23, 2015
- Turkey: More than 18,500 migrants rescued from Aegean Sea - July 22, 2015
- Egypt deports dozens of Sudanese over attempted illegal immigration - July 21, 2015
- 80% of overseas pension transfer requests fraudulent - July 15, 2015
- Freddie Starr to emigrate to Spain - July 13, 2015
- Immigrant dies attempting to jump onto moving train in Calais - July 11, 2015
- Mediterranean crisis: 500 migrants rescued off Libya - July 10, 2015
- Wealthy South Africans looking towards Malta - July 8, 2015