Asylum Seekers Ranked Above British People for Housing Priority
According to some new figures that were just recently released by the Home Office, the £750 million has been dished out to councils to help pay for housing has been given to asylum seekers from all corners of the globe. So far the numbers break down with £51.1 million paid to Glasgow City Council,£14.3 million to Liverpool City Council, £19 million to Nottingham City Council and £14.5 million to Cardiff City Council. The report also shows that millions more has been handed out to housing associations and private property firms.
Separate figures from the Home Office show that some 1.8 million people, officially described as British born, are waiting for social housing at present. Emigration minister Phil Woolas has defended this expenditure. He is claiming that it is an absolute priory that accommodations be given to asylum seekers. The Conservation Party has already endorsed all of the legislations, and it offers no alternative to this situation.
Thus, the battle between emigrants and British born people continues. While some agree that emigrants are needed to help the economy run, others are saying that the government is putting the emigrants before Brits. Right now the UK government seems to be in a catch 22. No matter what they choose to do, someone is going to be upset.
- Survey reveals Oz crying out for British trained doctors - May 27, 2013
- Southeast Asia now a hub for British retirees - January 4, 2013
- British emigrants reverse traditional Aussie migration route - December 18, 2012
- British migrants are now younger professionals rather than retirees - December 11, 2012
- British middle class brain drain as professionals head abroad - November 7, 2012
- Record number of asylum seekers come to Australia by sea - October 15, 2012
- Number of people emigrating from Ireland continues to grow - September 28, 2012
- British expats report steep rise in the cost of living - July 16, 2012
- Jobless young people in Portugal told to look abroad - July 4, 2012
- Irish Government blamed for driving 9 people per hour to emigrate - May 29, 2012
- Australia’s Coalition will toughen immigration if it wins federal election - June 19, 2013
- Softening Oz labour market spells bad news for migrants - June 18, 2013
- Oz immigration introduces more changes to 457 visa programme - June 17, 2013
- Australia migrant trends survey points to Asian Century - June 14, 2013
- Expat group claims IRS is targeting Americans living overseas - June 13, 2013
- New UK family immigration rules may deter executive relocation - June 12, 2013
- Oz sex worker advocacy group demand 457 visa access for immigrant sex workers - June 11, 2013
- US Senate begins debate on controversial immigration overhaul bill - June 10, 2013
- Oz immigration backlog prevents Welshman from migrating to care for parents - June 7, 2013
- Canada to lower age limit for dependent children to 19 - June 6, 2013