Failed Asylum Seekers Choosing to End Their Lives
Although this kind of story normally does not make national news, it has been made clear that this is not the first time something like this has happened. Apparently 213 asylum seekers, refugees and migrant workers have been murdered in racist attacks or died in some kind of accident since 1989. 57 of these people actually killed themselves. Out of these, nine of them had set themselves on fire (mostly in public places so people could see), and 11 died at their own hands in emigration dentition centers.
So why are these people choosing to end their lives? Well the fact of the matter is that these people feel they have nothing to live for. Just because their asylum claims were rejected does not mean that they came from a nice area. A lot of these people that are fleeing to the UK are doing so, because they are living a harsh life or they fear for their lives. When their claims get shot down after reaching the UK, they will do anything to prevent themselves from having to go back to the kind of lifestyle that they were trying to leave. Thus, a lot of them end up killing themselves.
Currently the UK operates a very harsh asylum system that allows very little hope for people that are trying to flee bad situations. These harsh rules end up crushing peoples' hopes that send them into a whirlwind of depression.
- Australian activists halt asylum seeker deportation - February 3, 2015
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Record number of asylum seekers come to Australia by sea - October 15, 2012
- Rise in the number of Mexicans choosing to emigrate - September 18, 2012
- Aussie Customs intercepts boat with 55 asylum seekers - April 20, 2012
- Australia to treat all immigration asylum claims in same way - March 22, 2012
- Asylum Seeker Fights Deportation After Raping Child - November 22, 2011
- UK Border Agency Able to Lose Almost 100,000 Asylum Seekers - September 15, 2011
- UK Taxpayers Could Pay Money to Guilty Asylum Seeker - September 12, 2011
- Criminal Asylum Seeker Could Make Off with Taxpayers' Money - August 31, 2011
- UAE-Indian eMigrate inititative will end exploitation - September 8, 2015
- Egypt seizes vessels with more than 200 migrants - September 7, 2015
- Indian employers angered by eMigrate system - August 18, 2015
- Church leader: African leaders must address problems that spark emigration - August 14, 2015
- 60 migrants missing off Libya coastline - August 13, 2015
- More illegal immigrants found in lorry in UK - August 11, 2015
- Nine illegal migrants seen exiting truck at Essex shopping centre - August 7, 2015
- PNG government promises Manus alcohol crackdown - August 6, 2015
- British landlords told to evict illegal immigrants - August 5, 2015
- Polish family emigrate to Plymouth after seeing images on Google Street View - July 28, 2015