UK Border Agency Loses Battle Against Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg is 38 years ol,d and his real name is Calvin Broadus. He was originally denied entry into the UK back in 2007. This forced him and fellow rapper P Diddy to cancel the British dates of their European tour.
Apparently the ban on Snoop Dogg related to his arrest at Heathrow airport back in 2006, following an altercation involving members of his entourage. In 2008, the ban was lifted when an emigration judge found no evidence that the rapper had been responsible for any kind of public disorder.
However, the UK Border Agency could not leave it at that. This agency went on to challenge the decision, and it went to an asylum and emigration tribunal. Just last week the tribunal announced its decision that to deny Snoop Dogg entry was wrong. The UK Border Agency said that they are disappointed by the tribunal's decision in the case. They said that they are studying the determination carefully and will make a decision whether to appeal or not.
Snoop Dogg has had a few brushes with the law in recent years. Back in 2007 he pleaded no contest to gun and drugs charges in the United States. The same year he was also barred from entering Australia after failing a character test. Last year he was cleared of assaulting a fan at a 2005 gig in Seattle.
- UK immigration advisors favour selling UK residency visas to highest bidders - February 25, 2014
- January sees spike in emigration from the UK - January 23, 2014
- Aussie psychotherapist wrongly refused UK long-stay visa - January 21, 2014
- Husband and wife separated by UK Border Agency to be reunited - January 1, 2014
- Archbishop condemns UK immigration rules for separating British families - December 17, 2013
- UK government urged to intervene on Malta Golden passport scheme - December 10, 2013
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- UK government should focus on frozen pensions scandal not winter fuel payment - November 15, 2013
- UK expats ditch Europe for new retirement havens - November 11, 2013
- Chinese CPPCC official believes China needs more expats - March 11, 2014
- UAE drop in expat salaries may threaten executive level emigration - March 11, 2014
- Canada scrapped millionaire visa may provoke lawsuit - March 7, 2014
- Canada visa system threatens another ethnic restaurateur - March 6, 2014
- Chinese millionaires complain as Canada entry route is blocked - March 5, 2014
- 3000 Brit builders helping reconstruct Christchurch - March 4, 2014
- Controversial changes to Norway immigration rules - March 3, 2014
- EU parliament descends into shouting match over Swiss immigration vote - February 28, 2014
- Canada toughens up on citizenship requirements - February 27, 2014
- Latest New Zealand statistics offer snapshot of Kiwi life - February 26, 2014