UK Border Agency Loses Battle Against Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg is 38 years ol,d and his real name is Calvin Broadus. He was originally denied entry into the UK back in 2007. This forced him and fellow rapper P Diddy to cancel the British dates of their European tour.
Apparently the ban on Snoop Dogg related to his arrest at Heathrow airport back in 2006, following an altercation involving members of his entourage. In 2008, the ban was lifted when an emigration judge found no evidence that the rapper had been responsible for any kind of public disorder.
However, the UK Border Agency could not leave it at that. This agency went on to challenge the decision, and it went to an asylum and emigration tribunal. Just last week the tribunal announced its decision that to deny Snoop Dogg entry was wrong. The UK Border Agency said that they are disappointed by the tribunal's decision in the case. They said that they are studying the determination carefully and will make a decision whether to appeal or not.
Snoop Dogg has had a few brushes with the law in recent years. Back in 2007 he pleaded no contest to gun and drugs charges in the United States. The same year he was also barred from entering Australia after failing a character test. Last year he was cleared of assaulting a fan at a 2005 gig in Seattle.
- Benefit-claiming Brits in EU countries outnumber immigrants on welfare in the UK - January 22, 2015
- UK: Home Secretary insists work must be done to prevent Jewish emigration - January 19, 2015
- UK: 100 illegal attempts a day to enter country - December 22, 2014
- EU president issues migration warning to UK - December 15, 2014
- Number of Portuguese nurses emigrating to UK soaring - December 8, 2014
- Study reveals top ten overseas retirement destinations for UK citizens - August 6, 2014
- UK court ruling supports UK citizen spousal financial requirements - July 14, 2014
- UK faces brain drain as 70 per cent of recent graduates plan to emigrate - June 30, 2014
- Staggering scale of UK student visa abuse now revealed - June 25, 2014
- UK passport renewals backlog scandal goes viral - June 11, 2014
- Half of Mayo students think they will emigrate - March 26, 2015
- Over 100,000 Italians emigrated in 2014 - March 25, 2015
- New law will provide compensation to expats who were tricked into buying Spanish illegally built homes - March 23, 2015
- Does Harry plan to emigrate to Australia? - March 23, 2015
- ‘Lost Generation’ of 5,000 people will not return from Canada - March 19, 2015
- Record low of South Korean emigrants during 2014 - March 18, 2015
- Turkey opens fire on a boat carrying 300 Syrian migrants - March 17, 2015
- 90% of medical students plan to leave Ireland - March 16, 2015
- Majority of emigrants find moving overseas tougher than expected - March 9, 2015
- Many of China’s wealthiest chose to emigrate - March 8, 2015