UK Border Agency Loses Battle Against Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg is 38 years ol,d and his real name is Calvin Broadus. He was originally denied entry into the UK back in 2007. This forced him and fellow rapper P Diddy to cancel the British dates of their European tour.
Apparently the ban on Snoop Dogg related to his arrest at Heathrow airport back in 2006, following an altercation involving members of his entourage. In 2008, the ban was lifted when an emigration judge found no evidence that the rapper had been responsible for any kind of public disorder.
However, the UK Border Agency could not leave it at that. This agency went on to challenge the decision, and it went to an asylum and emigration tribunal. Just last week the tribunal announced its decision that to deny Snoop Dogg entry was wrong. The UK Border Agency said that they are disappointed by the tribunal's decision in the case. They said that they are studying the determination carefully and will make a decision whether to appeal or not.
Snoop Dogg has had a few brushes with the law in recent years. Back in 2007 he pleaded no contest to gun and drugs charges in the United States. The same year he was also barred from entering Australia after failing a character test. Last year he was cleared of assaulting a fan at a 2005 gig in Seattle.
- Benefit-claiming Brits in EU countries outnumber immigrants on welfare in the UK - January 22, 2015
- UK: Home Secretary insists work must be done to prevent Jewish emigration - January 19, 2015
- UK: 100 illegal attempts a day to enter country - December 22, 2014
- EU president issues migration warning to UK - December 15, 2014
- Number of Portuguese nurses emigrating to UK soaring - December 8, 2014
- Study reveals top ten overseas retirement destinations for UK citizens - August 6, 2014
- UK court ruling supports UK citizen spousal financial requirements - July 14, 2014
- UK faces brain drain as 70 per cent of recent graduates plan to emigrate - June 30, 2014
- Staggering scale of UK student visa abuse now revealed - June 25, 2014
- UK passport renewals backlog scandal goes viral - June 11, 2014
- More than 500,000 new migrants in England since 2011 - March 6, 2015
- Singapore world’s most expensive city - March 5, 2015
- British retirees keen to emigrate, financial vehicles encouraging move - March 4, 2015
- British expats better paid and healthier, work longer hours - February 27, 2015
- Nez Zealand annual migration rises to record high - February 26, 2015
- Mexican authorities arrest 54 illegal migrants - February 25, 2015
- More Hong Kongers seeking to emigrate to Taiwan - February 24, 2015
- EU wants Bangladesh to do more to curb illegal migration - February 23, 2015
- Italian coastguard rescues more than 200 migrants fleeing Libya - February 20, 2015
- World’s Best Irish Pub: US leading the way - February 19, 2015