UK Border Agency Loses Battle Against Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg is 38 years ol,d and his real name is Calvin Broadus. He was originally denied entry into the UK back in 2007. This forced him and fellow rapper P Diddy to cancel the British dates of their European tour.
Apparently the ban on Snoop Dogg related to his arrest at Heathrow airport back in 2006, following an altercation involving members of his entourage. In 2008, the ban was lifted when an emigration judge found no evidence that the rapper had been responsible for any kind of public disorder.
However, the UK Border Agency could not leave it at that. This agency went on to challenge the decision, and it went to an asylum and emigration tribunal. Just last week the tribunal announced its decision that to deny Snoop Dogg entry was wrong. The UK Border Agency said that they are disappointed by the tribunal's decision in the case. They said that they are studying the determination carefully and will make a decision whether to appeal or not.
Snoop Dogg has had a few brushes with the law in recent years. Back in 2007 he pleaded no contest to gun and drugs charges in the United States. The same year he was also barred from entering Australia after failing a character test. Last year he was cleared of assaulting a fan at a 2005 gig in Seattle.
- Study reveals top ten overseas retirement destinations for UK citizens - August 6, 2014
- UK court ruling supports UK citizen spousal financial requirements - July 14, 2014
- UK faces brain drain as 70 per cent of recent graduates plan to emigrate - June 30, 2014
- Staggering scale of UK student visa abuse now revealed - June 25, 2014
- UK passport renewals backlog scandal goes viral - June 11, 2014
- UK government loses plot on overseas expat benefit cheats - June 6, 2014
- UK expat in Switzerland takes citizenship due to losing UK vote - May 2, 2014
- Reasons for returnee UK expats include TV and British food - April 25, 2014
- Foreign students subjected to stringent checks by UK universities - April 17, 2014
- Battle for US immigration reform seeks Vatican support - March 19, 2014
- Retired Aussies head for Southeast Asian expat hotspots - September 1, 2014
- Is the dream fading for young Irish migrants in Australia - August 25, 2014
- Continued rise in Kiwi immigration totals sparks political fight - August 22, 2014
- Canadian small towns hoping immigrants will replace exodus to cities - August 21, 2014
- New Zealand government offers new immigration advisor guide - August 21, 2014
- Canadian immigration issues first entrepreneur start-up visas - August 19, 2014
- Scotland shaping up as immigration destination for other Brits - August 18, 2014
- Saudi losing skilled expats due to Saudization four year visa rule - August 15, 2014
- Canada Silicon Valley North benefits from delay in US immigration reform - August 14, 2014
- Thai surrogate twins issue reveals Australia rejects Downs Syndrome migrants - August 14, 2014