Australian right wing politician Hanson immigrates to the UK
Hanson’s revealed the move in an interview with Australian Woman’s Day magazine, where the often controversial and polarising figure detailed the sale of her house in Queensland and desire to bid farewell Australia for good. Hanson told Woman’s Day that this would be her goodbye forever.
Hanson claims her decision was due to a desire for peace and contentment, something that she has found difficult in her political career which has been shaped by her conservative right-wing policies. She is most famous for her maiden parliamentary address where she cautioned that Australia would be overrun by Asians. Hanson herself had also been a leading advocate for reductions in immigration.
The fiery politician went on to suggest that Australia, which once was seen as a land of opportunity, has deteriorated so far that young people now are growing into an over-taxed and over-regulated society which no longer is a true representation of the country. Hanson also cites the timidity of Australia’s politicians to address the real issues as contributing to her departure.
Hanson’s political career has stalled in recent years. She ran as an independent in the 2009 Queensland state elections, where she lost the Beaudesert seat. Hanson had also previously run for a Queensland senate position in 2007 with similar lack of success, leading her to admit that she would not likely be voted into any position in the future.
- UK immigration advisors favour selling UK residency visas to highest bidders - February 25, 2014
- January sees spike in emigration from the UK - January 23, 2014
- Aussie psychotherapist wrongly refused UK long-stay visa - January 21, 2014
- Husband and wife separated by UK Border Agency to be reunited - January 1, 2014
- Archbishop condemns UK immigration rules for separating British families - December 17, 2013
- UK government urged to intervene on Malta Golden passport scheme - December 10, 2013
- UK state pensioners emigrating overseas must submit proof of being alive - December 9, 2013
- UK government should focus on frozen pensions scandal not winter fuel payment - November 15, 2013
- UK expats ditch Europe for new retirement havens - November 11, 2013
- Foreign workers cause rising fears over jobs for Australians - November 1, 2013
- Chinese CPPCC official believes China needs more expats - March 11, 2014
- UAE drop in expat salaries may threaten executive level emigration - March 11, 2014
- Canada scrapped millionaire visa may provoke lawsuit - March 7, 2014
- Canada visa system threatens another ethnic restaurateur - March 6, 2014
- Chinese millionaires complain as Canada entry route is blocked - March 5, 2014
- 3000 Brit builders helping reconstruct Christchurch - March 4, 2014
- Controversial changes to Norway immigration rules - March 3, 2014
- EU parliament descends into shouting match over Swiss immigration vote - February 28, 2014
- Canada toughens up on citizenship requirements - February 27, 2014
- Latest New Zealand statistics offer snapshot of Kiwi life - February 26, 2014