Australian right wing politician Hanson immigrates to the UK
Hanson’s revealed the move in an interview with Australian Woman’s Day magazine, where the often controversial and polarising figure detailed the sale of her house in Queensland and desire to bid farewell Australia for good. Hanson told Woman’s Day that this would be her goodbye forever.
Hanson claims her decision was due to a desire for peace and contentment, something that she has found difficult in her political career which has been shaped by her conservative right-wing policies. She is most famous for her maiden parliamentary address where she cautioned that Australia would be overrun by Asians. Hanson herself had also been a leading advocate for reductions in immigration.
The fiery politician went on to suggest that Australia, which once was seen as a land of opportunity, has deteriorated so far that young people now are growing into an over-taxed and over-regulated society which no longer is a true representation of the country. Hanson also cites the timidity of Australia’s politicians to address the real issues as contributing to her departure.
Hanson’s political career has stalled in recent years. She ran as an independent in the 2009 Queensland state elections, where she lost the Beaudesert seat. Hanson had also previously run for a Queensland senate position in 2007 with similar lack of success, leading her to admit that she would not likely be voted into any position in the future.
- Study reveals top ten overseas retirement destinations for UK citizens - August 6, 2014
- UK court ruling supports UK citizen spousal financial requirements - July 14, 2014
- UK faces brain drain as 70 per cent of recent graduates plan to emigrate - June 30, 2014
- Staggering scale of UK student visa abuse now revealed - June 25, 2014
- UK passport renewals backlog scandal goes viral - June 11, 2014
- UK government loses plot on overseas expat benefit cheats - June 6, 2014
- UK expat in Switzerland takes citizenship due to losing UK vote - May 2, 2014
- Reasons for returnee UK expats include TV and British food - April 25, 2014
- Foreign students subjected to stringent checks by UK universities - April 17, 2014
- Homegrown talent shortage threatens UK recovery - March 12, 2014
- Continued rise in Kiwi immigration totals sparks political fight - August 22, 2014
- Canadian small towns hoping immigrants will replace exodus to cities - August 21, 2014
- New Zealand government offers new immigration advisor guide - August 21, 2014
- Canadian immigration issues first entrepreneur start-up visas - August 19, 2014
- Scotland shaping up as immigration destination for other Brits - August 18, 2014
- Saudi losing skilled expats due to Saudization four year visa rule - August 15, 2014
- Canada Silicon Valley North benefits from delay in US immigration reform - August 14, 2014
- Thai surrogate twins issue reveals Australia rejects Downs Syndrome migrants - August 14, 2014
- Potential expats worry about safety in Saudi Arabia - August 12, 2014
- Leaked files spark Aussie probe into massive immigration fraud - August 11, 2014