Australian right wing politician Hanson immigrates to the UK
Hanson’s revealed the move in an interview with Australian Woman’s Day magazine, where the often controversial and polarising figure detailed the sale of her house in Queensland and desire to bid farewell Australia for good. Hanson told Woman’s Day that this would be her goodbye forever.
Hanson claims her decision was due to a desire for peace and contentment, something that she has found difficult in her political career which has been shaped by her conservative right-wing policies. She is most famous for her maiden parliamentary address where she cautioned that Australia would be overrun by Asians. Hanson herself had also been a leading advocate for reductions in immigration.
The fiery politician went on to suggest that Australia, which once was seen as a land of opportunity, has deteriorated so far that young people now are growing into an over-taxed and over-regulated society which no longer is a true representation of the country. Hanson also cites the timidity of Australia’s politicians to address the real issues as contributing to her departure.
Hanson’s political career has stalled in recent years. She ran as an independent in the 2009 Queensland state elections, where she lost the Beaudesert seat. Hanson had also previously run for a Queensland senate position in 2007 with similar lack of success, leading her to admit that she would not likely be voted into any position in the future.
- UK government should focus on frozen pensions scandal not winter fuel payment - November 15, 2013
- UK expats ditch Europe for new retirement havens - November 11, 2013
- Foreign workers cause rising fears over jobs for Australians - November 1, 2013
- Boom in Brit exports to Korea sees expats following the trend - October 29, 2013
- Tough UK government bill aims at curbing immigration - October 14, 2013
- Top UK politician warns of migrants recreating their cultures in Britain - September 26, 2013
- New Zealand PM tasks UK government over unfair visa restrictions for Kiwis - September 24, 2013
- Survey reveals UK brain drain is likely to be irreversible - September 18, 2013
- MP poll of UK emigrants reveals most are middle income workers - September 6, 2013
- UK emigrant dilemmas over when to sell property - September 5, 2013
- Danish former justice minister calls for grouping of immigrants - December 6, 2013
- Young Irish unemployed told by government to emigrate - December 5, 2013
- Brits eager to emigrate due to unchecked EU immigration - December 4, 2013
- New Zealand Immigration Adviser Act review to improve quality - December 4, 2013
- New survey puts France at top of desirable emigration havens - December 2, 2013
- Survey shows New Zealand emigrants happy with their lot - November 29, 2013
- Spanish residency permits with home purchase plan damaged by demolitions - November 28, 2013
- Oz immigration exempts skilled migrant jobs from Labour Market Testing - November 28, 2013
- Battle to save asylum seeker baby and his family from deportation - November 28, 2013
- Ontario to expand its Bridge Training Programme to help new immigrants - November 28, 2013