Australian right wing politician Hanson immigrates to the UK
Hanson’s revealed the move in an interview with Australian Woman’s Day magazine, where the often controversial and polarising figure detailed the sale of her house in Queensland and desire to bid farewell Australia for good. Hanson told Woman’s Day that this would be her goodbye forever.
Hanson claims her decision was due to a desire for peace and contentment, something that she has found difficult in her political career which has been shaped by her conservative right-wing policies. She is most famous for her maiden parliamentary address where she cautioned that Australia would be overrun by Asians. Hanson herself had also been a leading advocate for reductions in immigration.
The fiery politician went on to suggest that Australia, which once was seen as a land of opportunity, has deteriorated so far that young people now are growing into an over-taxed and over-regulated society which no longer is a true representation of the country. Hanson also cites the timidity of Australia’s politicians to address the real issues as contributing to her departure.
Hanson’s political career has stalled in recent years. She ran as an independent in the 2009 Queensland state elections, where she lost the Beaudesert seat. Hanson had also previously run for a Queensland senate position in 2007 with similar lack of success, leading her to admit that she would not likely be voted into any position in the future.
- Millions to renounce UK residence if labour win election - April 22, 2015
- More than 300,000 Poles to move to UK - April 20, 2015
- Australian activists halt asylum seeker deportation - February 3, 2015
- Australian Open final interrupted by Manus Island protesters - February 2, 2015
- Australians emigrating to London to fill paramedic vacancies - January 27, 2015
- Benefit-claiming Brits in EU countries outnumber immigrants on welfare in the UK - January 22, 2015
- UK: Home Secretary insists work must be done to prevent Jewish emigration - January 19, 2015
- UK: 100 illegal attempts a day to enter country - December 22, 2014
- EU president issues migration warning to UK - December 15, 2014
- Number of Portuguese nurses emigrating to UK soaring - December 8, 2014
- Malaga attracting foreign buyers once more - May 22, 2015
- Spain joins EU migrant quota opposition - May 21, 2015
- More Brits die in Spain than any other country - May 20, 2015
- Illegal immigrant talks to begin between Malaysia, Bangladesh and Myanmar - May 19, 2015
- Migrant’s Gibraltar Straight bid foiled by Morocco - May 18, 2015
- Large numbers of Hungarians looking to emigrate - May 13, 2015
- Latvian border guards kept busy by illegal immigrants - May 12, 2015
- Refugee crisis forcing people to emigrate - May 11, 2015
- Suspected illegal immigrants found in truck - May 8, 2015
- 7,000 migrants detained in Libya - May 6, 2015